Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Wednesday

Nothing here to fear
I'm just sitting around
Being foolish
When there is work to be done

And with that, I begin Wednesday's random thoughts...

I was SO lazy today. I'm well rested from the long weekend. My workload was reasonably light. I had a great chat with an old friend last night. In short, life is not stressful. And yet, I can't muster the will to do anything but daydream of laying out on the beach. (Train of thought detour: which reminds me...Psycho Beach Party was playing on LOGO - just added to my lineup this weekend. Why is that channel - full of commericals, not to mention endless loops of that Glenn Close TV movie where she's a lesbian in the military - stuck in the middle of my pay channels like HBO? I think we all know why.)

Today I am wearing a red polo shirt and tan slacks. I look like I work at Target. Now, I don't want to give the impression that I wear this outfit often, but there have been a few occasions where I've wandered into my local Target, not realizing my outfit's implications. I have been asked to determine where the blenders/the new Celine Dion/the price of photo processing/where the dressing rooms are and I have to stop myself from being rude each time. I don't want the Target team to suffer because of my poor wardrobe planning. Still, I think it'd be really funny if they reported me to the manager. Who might I get in trouble that way?

I used to love the smell of cigarette smoke. I smoked for longer than I care to admit. Second hand used to give me such a rush. I don't know what it is, but in the last few months I finally have a non-smoker's reaction whenever I pass it by. Maybe it's because smoking is practically a crime in California these days. Lord knows what I'll go through when I visit Las Vegas next. That used to be heaven. Ah well, maybe when I'm 80 I'll pick up the habit again. It can't be worse than L.A.'s smog situation.

Tag-team blogging resumes tomorrow. We're gonna jointly tell you about the lackadaisical weekend we had. Enjoy what's left of your Wednesday!

1 comment:

Pimpin' said...

Another bad move: wearing a blue collared shirt into Best Buy.
Although... I could probably be of more assistance to people than any of the actual employees there. Even the so-called Geek Squad.

Ha! Not like I'd ever help people...