Monday, April 04, 2005

Monday, Monday...

Blogger.com's posting capabilities have been down most of the day - at least they were whenever I went and tried it. Better late than three month's late, right??

I watched my first (and sadly, probably not my last) episode of Nanny 911 tonight. I think they should just called it Please, British Lady - Raise My Kids! Again, gay people shouldn't be married because...?

The Pope died this weekend. The way the networks were holding vigil you might think they'd be disappointed if he'd pulled through. Seriously, the guy lived 84 and made as much an impact as possible with his time. Did we really need to know he had a UTI in his last days? Oh and they don't call them the "Last Rites" anymore. They've called the sacrament "Anointing of the Sick" for longer than I've been alive. Nobody in these newsrooms ever heard of Vatican II?

Weird fact: I was in a sushi bar when CNN announced JPII's passing. (That's not the weird part, BTW.) They play all sorts of fluffy Japanese pop tunes in this place, with a few American pop oddities sprinkled in. As we were watching the broadcast bonanza begin, "I Will Follow Him" - the version straight out of Sister Act began to play. No joke. Proof God has a wicked sense of humor? I think so.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey!!!!!!!!!!!
Why didn't you mention that it was me who pointed out the song. Seconds, okay about a minute after the annoucment. I heard the first words of the slow intro part to the song. And then, WHAMMO!!!, I Will Follow Him. I couldn't believe it. Can't you just hear it. With the funny way Whoopi says him," HEEEM ". A heavenly moment for sure. I wasn't exactly touched by God in that moment, but I think I was at least fondled a bit.
-BF