Tuesday, December 06, 2005

When Bloggers Collide.


Good Lord, but it's been a while! I haven't blogged or read anything blog-related in about a week. The move at work took more out of me than I expected, cutting down my writing time (what - you expect me to work?!?!) and the last few days have been a blur, particularly last night's trip to Disneyland with a group of drunken employees. I am sososo tired I can't concentrate. And I didn't even drink! But onto this past weekend's most fun event :

A Meeting of the Bloggers: OK, so truth be told, Armi and I have been great friends long before the word blogging entered the lexicon. But this, believe it or not, was the first time we'd seen each other since her blogging experience began. A lot has happened since then, including her entire pregnancy. It's amazing how with great people and good friends time can pass but you can drop in like nothing at all. Such is the case with Miss A.

Such a fun time was had by all, especially by me getting to know the family dog, Ginger. I should have snapped a pic of her - next time, I suppose, but I was too bust enjoying the mashed potatoes, butter biscuits (sooo good) and otherwise stuffing myself. A good time was had by all, even if I did zonk out on the couch at about 10:30p. Sometimes a boy just needs his beauty rest, y'know?

Pictures from the Disney adventure are forthcoming. Rest assured, the Happiest Place on Earth becomes even gayer when A) decorated for Christmas (complete with carols piping out of speakers everywhere) and B) a bunch of employees descend upon it for their holiday party. The Gatorade and vodka spikes didn't hurt any, I'm sure. If you've never heard a 'Mo break out into "Don't Cry For Me, Argentina" while overlooking the crowds in line for Space Mountain, you haven't lived.

Happy December, kids! Is anyone as ill-equipped for the holidays as I am?

-J.

3 comments:

Ry said...

Did any of the descamisados start crying out "Peron!" That would have been hilarious to see.

Jessica said...

That pic of Armi makes her look like she's hosting a cooking show!
:)

Jake McCafferty said...

I'm feeling pretty unprepared. The tree still sits undecorated. One night this week I will have to do it. The ex always took care of it, and I don't really enjoy the decorating that much. I'm more of a gift-buyer.

Glad to see the post. At least we know you're alive.