Tuesday, June 28, 2005

I just returned from a Dodger game - the San Diego Padres trounced us. At least they're fellow Southern Californians. I had my annual Dodger Dog (no wiener jokes, people!), a churro (because I couldn't find on on Cinco De Mayo), and a celebrity sighting (Jason Bateman walked by, totally un-Hollywood. He looked good). Life is good and so is living in L.A.

Currently running through my head as I watch the city lights and stars try and out-twinkle each other:

there's no mercy in a live wire, no rest at all in freedom
of the choices we're given, it's no choice at all
the proof is in the fire, you touch before it moves away
but you must always know how long to stay and when to go
- patty griffin, "let him fly"

2 comments:

Matt S. said...

I adore Jason Bateman, always have, and I was so excited when not only did he return to the spotlight, but he return to the spotlight on an amazing show. Love the quote. You guys can see stars out there in L.A. I thought all the smog blocked them out. In Iowa I have the best view of the stars every Summer night. Love the sight guys, keep up the good work!

Jay Six said...

We can catch a few stars at night - it's really the light pollution from the buildings that prevents us from getting the full effect. Thanks for reading, Matt!